- support statement
1. A made up support statement used to help prove something that in fact is a lie.
[ Origin: In 1998 I was hanging out with some friends when we had the following conversation:
At this point everyone just nodded in acceptance ]
Rose: I know 3 drummers named Josh what's with
Adam: Actually, 67% of all drummers are
Jesse: Oh, did you see that pop up
Note: This Nerd Phrase is unique in that it evolves with time like a species unto itself.
1. (2001) I read on the internet...
2. (2004) I was listening to NPR and...
3. (2006) Oh yeah, I read that on wikipedia...
4. (2007) Jon Stewart made some vague reference the other night to the fact that...