Wednesday, March 21, 2007

My piano, okay. My guitar, maybe. My flute... Really? (Flute)

For the past two years my Mother has seen fit to buy me an odd instrument of some sort for Christmas. First it was a Charango(A lute like instrument), and this year a Kena(A South American Flute). They're both pretty neat, and while I've spent some time playing with them, it would be a far stretch of the imagination to say that I'm able to actually play either.

I mostly leave them sitting around in the condo next to the guitars and piano as conversation pieces. It also gives the illusion that I'm somehow worldly or musical, which I can assure you, I most certainly am not. If I could keep a beat and wasn't tone def I'd still be musically untalented, but my musical ineptitudes are not the the subject of this entry. The point is, that while I like these interesting instruments, they don't get as much use as they could.

On one particular day I was visited by my neighbors and their guests, who included 84. We were watching TV, or a movie or something which directed my attention to the front of the room(Directly opposite from the back of the room where the instruments tend to congregate.) As we persisted in whatever activity it was that had my attention I began to hear the sound of wind moving through the flute.

"Oh my god, now he's playing my flute" I thought. I couldn't bring myself to turn around and look for fear that I might say something unpleasant although numerous things crossed my mind.

"Yeah... uhm.... I have the oral herp bro. Actually I guess I should say 'we' have the herp now."
"Oh, my mom was over last week, and her dog peed all over that. I really wouldn't put it in your mouth"
"That's not actually a flute dude, it's a South American sexu... well, never mind... it's best that you don't know."

No comments:

Post a Comment

One

A black Jetta pulled up outside my house and I jumped in without a moment's hesitation. Hopping in a near stranger's car didn't...