Friday, February 23, 2007

Nerd Word(s): I don't know what that means.

I don't know what that means
- statement

1. A statement often made after a particularly mean or crude joke to "soften" the blow.

2. Used after an obscure joke to deflect from blank stares.

3. Used to distance yourself from a friend's particularly bad joke.

Sometimes followed by, "But I do know this..." and a totally unrelated fact.

[ Origin: An Adam O Original ]

- synonyms
1. I... I don't know what that means.
2. I don't even know what that means.


- usage
"Yeah, he looked Dom DeLuise in Cannonball Run II trying to get where he was going while Burt Reynolds is off chatting up the ladies trying to get his..." pause "I don't know what that means..."

"Man that was really hard"
"That's what you mom said last night..." pause "I...I don't know what that means... But I do know this... You never hit a woman"

No comments:

Post a Comment

One

A black Jetta pulled up outside my house and I jumped in without a moment's hesitation. Hopping in a near stranger's car didn't...