Friday, February 20, 2009

Re-Shaq-ulous

You'll have to excuse the slightly self serving nature of this post. I'd like to have something better put together, but today has been go-go-go nonstop, and yet I feel the need to say something.

I've re-written this post about three times now, but how do you follow something like Shaq? When I sent the story to Basketbawful and True Hoop this morning, I thought maybe I'd get a few extra hits, and maybe someone would enjoy the story. Turns out I did get a few more than my typical 30-70 hits:

Shaq Effect

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for the emails, nice comments, and "tweets". I hope to spend some time this weekend responding to everyone I can, but no promises. Despite my tongue-in-cheek bitching, I figure maybe I'll give this thing a shot. Feel free to follow me and tell me I'm a dork:
http://twitter.com/jessebearden

And please tell Sean he has a big head:
http://twitter.com/cannuk

My email is on the right(As is my twitter now), so feel free to say hi.

Goodnight to the nerd-o-sphere, and congrats to Shaq and the Suns on the win. The Big Diesel's line for the night?

22 points, 9 boards, 36,986 hits.

8 comments:

  1. I too found you through the Twitter buzz re: Shaq. You're a funny, funny writer...even without Shaq.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I found you guys.

    My respect for Shaq-tus has doubled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, ur like, totally famous n stuff now!! ^_^

    I knew your blog would amount to something more than just a guilty pleasure for your fellow nerds. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just remember to tell The Big Twitter about Basketbawful next time you run into him. Plus, if you could get him to sign a hamburger bun for me, I'd be very grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy....

    I was getting my pop culture fix at bestweekever.tv and was reading the story about the kids meeting shaq.

    And there was YOU.

    Well done. You are a bigtymer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quick put some ads on your page. You can make some money off of this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ... yeah, awesome story... isn't the internet great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is quite a spike! I too read the blog from Twitter. Great story re: Shaq.

    ReplyDelete

One

A black Jetta pulled up outside my house and I jumped in without a moment's hesitation. Hopping in a near stranger's car didn't...